These Tikoy Rolls are a classic favorite kakanin of Filipinos, with creamy peanut butter filling perfect afternoon snack with coffee on the side. And the best part, this is a ketofied version. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour. You can order this from Lazada or Shopee.
- 2 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder. This is also available on Lazada and Shopee
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Ube Flavor
- 800 ml Coconut Milk
- 6-9 sticks of Equal Gold or any low-carb sweetener. You can order a bunch from Lazada and Shopee
- Keto Peanut Butter for filling available on Lazada and Shopee
- Sesame Seeds as topping or Crushed Peanuts
1) Toast the sesame seeds in a pan and set aside.
2) Combine ALL the dry ingredients (coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and sweetener) in a bowl.
3) Slowly pour in the coconut milk, followed by the ube extract/flavoring.
4) Grease your rectangular pan with oil and fill it with the batter about ½ inch high.
5) Steam over medium heat for 10-20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Make sure to cover the top part with cheesecloth to avoid water drippings.
6) Grease a baking sheet with little oil and flatten the tikoy while still hot because it’s harder to roll the tikoy when it gets cold.
7) Fill the top with your favorite keto/low-carb peanut butter.
8) Gently roll the tikoy, wrapping the filling.
9) Slice into 5-6 rolls evenly.
10) Coat with the toasted sesame seeds and serve!
Disclaimer: ***As an Affiliate of Lazada/Shopee, I earn a commission if you purchase a product we referred (at no extra charge to you).