Earth warriors, add some charm to your home with these creative DIY ways to re-purpose old tires!
Old Tires continue to be a growing problem when it comes to waste management. Though a part of them are being recycled, the other big part are harmful for the environment. Instead of discarding them and having them end up in landfill, why not try one of these creative ways to reuse them? Check out this short video from Nifty Outdoors for some creative DIY Ways to re-purpose old tires.
Turn an old tire into these storage-savvy seats! 👍Make your own: bzfd.it/2odMlGP
Posted by Nifty Outdoors on Thursday, March 30, 2017
Industrial strength glue
200 ft / 60 m of rope
2 wooden circles (17 in / 43 cm, and 15 in / 38cm)
Foam of desired thickness
Outdoor furniture fabric
- Wash tire thoroughly with soapy water.
- Start hot gluing the rope to the top rim of the tire, and coil it down to completely cover the surface.
- Flip the tire over, and use industrial strength glue to attach the larger wooden board to the bottom.
- Let dry overnight.
- In the meantime, create the top cushion by cutting the piece of foam to size, and gluing to the smaller piece of wood.
- Secure the outdoor fabric to the wood piece by stapling a small section at a time around the edges. Trim the excess fabric.
- If desired, create a “tufting” effect on the cushion surface with your staple gun by creating an “X” with staples, and covering it with a button.
- Your tire seat is now complete, and is great for storing backyard toys, gardening tools, or pool supplies!
Scrolling through every corner of the Internet, we dug up the most amazing and clever ideas to reuse and recycle old car tires. They range from household items, garden decorations and toys for your mini-me. Enjoy!
Sofa, Ottoman, and Center Tables (Plus Storage)
BED for your PETS
Sandbox For KIDS