This is the BEST Low Carb/Keto-Friendly bread recipe I’ve ever tried! It’s perfect for slicing and making into sandwiches or slathering with butter and eating as-is. It has great bread-like texture and no eggy flavor! PLUS, we love the smell. Your kitchen will definitely be filled with the Pinoy classic “pan de sal” aroma while it is being baked!
- 1 and 1/2 cup Coconut Flour. You can order it from Lazada or Shopee. You can just click the preferred store link to check to benefits of coconut flour.
- 3.75 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder. This is also available on Lazada and Shopee
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar. This is also available on Lazada and Shopee even in leading supermarkets and Mercury Drug stores.
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt and it available on Lazada and Shopee
FOR THE YEAST MIXTURE:
- 1 cup Warm water (120 to 132° F or 50 – 56°C)
- 1 tsp Pure Honey. You can purchase it on Lazada and Shopee
- 4 tsp Instant Yeast. You can buy it on Lazada and Shopee too.
Disclaimer: ***As an Affiliate of Lazada/Shopee, I earn a commission if you purchase a product we referred (at no extra charge to you).
1) Prepare the Yeast Mixture by combining – 1 cup of Warm Water, 1 teaspoon of Instant Yeast and 1 teaspoon of Pure Honey. Set aside aftewards.
2) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
3) Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl – Coconut Flour, Psyllium Husk, Baking Powder and Pink Himalayan Salt
4) Add the beaten eggs, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil. Mix well.
5) Add the foamy yeast mixture to the batter and mix.
6) Pour the low-carb/keto bread dough into a greased bread pan.
7) Cover the bread pan with a clean kitchen towel and let the mixture rest at a room temperature for at least an hour.
8) Bake at 350°F or 180°C for an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9) Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool fully.
10) Store refrigerated for up to 1 week. Lightly toasting the bread slices is highly recommended.