We are bidding JUNE goodbye with the best news. Students’ Free Ride Program on MRT-3, LRT-2, and PNR starts on Monday, July 1, 2019!
The Department of Transportation (DOTr) will give free rides to students on selected hours everyday except holidays beginning July 1, 2019. Students need only to show their school IDs to get free rides. Keep in mind other important notes to avail of this freebie.
1 ) The rates are free during these hours:
- MRT3: from 5:00 AM -6:30 AM and from 3:00 PM -4:30 PM
- PNR: from 5:00 AM-6:00 AM and from 3:00 PM -4:00 PM
- LRT-2: from 4:30 AM -6:00 AM and from 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
2 ) Student beneficiaries include those in:
- o Nursery/Kindergarten Schools
- o Elementary/Primary Schools
- o High Schools
- o Trade, Arts, Technical, Vocational Schools/Training Centers
- o Colleges and Universities (undergraduate studies and courses only)
NOTE: Students in graduate schools and courses are NOT covered by the Student Free Ride Program.
3 ) Enrolled students may avail of the program by applying for a Student ID/Pass at the start of every school term/year, school semester, training period that they are enrolled in.
NOTE: During the initial implementation of the Students’ Free Ride Program starting July 1, students may present their school ID to available of the free ride while you don’t have the Student ID/Pass. You may apply for your Student Free Ride ID online by CLICKING THIS LINK or approach any Malasakit Help Desk located in MRT-3, LRT-2 at PNR stations.
4) The student ID/Pass shall be valid only for the applied and duly approved school term/year/semester. It is also be valid and honored in all pertinent railway lines. The said ID/pass is not transferable though.
5) Each railway line will put up application centers for the Student ID/Pass in their respective major stations.
6) Existing free ride policies on children of the concerned railway lines shall remain and apply.
That’s NOT all! Passenger terminal fees for students in all PPA seaports will also be waived The Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) will exempt all students from paying the Passenger Terminal Fee (PTF). Students are those currently enrolled in:
- o Elementary
- o high school
- o college level in either a formal or vocational/technical institution
Students taking graduate studies are not included in the program. Exemptions to payment of PTF will be granted upon presentation of valid Identification Cards at the Terminal Fee counters of PPA-owned passenger terminals. Please note that the free ride program also includes:
- o Senior Citizens
- o Persons with Disabilities (PWDs)
- o active uniformed personnel from the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)
Furthermore, The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) will exempt qualified students from paying airport Terminal Fees. CAAP-owned and operated airports all over the country are participating.
• EXCLUDED from the program are the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA), and Clark International Airport (CRK), which are not under CAAP. Qualified students are those who are currently enrolled in:
- o government-recognized elementary
- o secondary
- o collegiate schools, including academic, vocational & technical schools
Please note that Dancing, Driving schools, and schools with short-term courses of the seminar-type are EXCLUDED.
• Students must present a valid School ID or an enrollment Registration Card bearing their pictures, to all CAAP-owned and operated airports.