AWOOOOOOOOO! Here comes a bunch of great reads at great prices, available 24 hours a day at the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale Manila!
A year after its sensational debut in the Philippines, the 24-hour Big Bad Wolf Book Sale Manila is treating our bookworm hearts once again. Get your geek on, evil geniuses! It is time to expand and enrich your personal library with books at incredible deals. Touted as one of the world’s biggest and most affordable fairs, Big Bad Wolf Book Sale Manila will return to the World Trade Center in Pasay City to thrill Filipino bibliophiles with at least 2 million books of various genres and irresistible discounts ranging between 50 to 90 percent. Get overwhelmed by the wide-selection of books available during the 11-day run. From young adult fiction, romance, fiction and non-fiction books and more.
The world’s biggest book sale first came to the Philippines in 2018, where it had runs in Manila, Cebu, and Davao. This is considered as an unprecedented development involving a single country in the 10-year history of the event. And what makes this Manila edition even more special is the augmented-reality (AR) versions of children’s tales including Little Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks, Three Little Pigs and the Three Bears. Although kids can buy and read them on their own, “they’re meant to be read (or, more appropriately, watched) through the Little Hippo app” that can be downloaded for free. This was previously introduced during the Cebu and Davao sales. But the book fair’s Manila leg will be introducing new titles to make way for educational books that is perfect for your kiddos’ learning and development.
Check out last year’s Big Bad Wolf Book Sale Manila :
Reading a good book is like going to a great adventure. Here is a guide to help you survive the craziest book sale in town:
- BRING: Aside from tons of enthusiasm and a big appetite for books, don’t forget to bring shopping bags and check-list of books! The organizers do not provide shopping baskets while you browse for books. It is a MUST to bring your own to haul those books around. A bag with wheels, like a suitcase or a trolley, works best. Your arms will thank you.
- WEAR: The hall is a huge venue, but packed with frenzy book lovers pumped up just for this event. Wear light, comfortable clothing and shoes.
- COME: At non-peak hour to maximize shopping comfort. Avoid the crowd by coming during off-peak hours. (Tip: Early in the morning and late at night). After all, it is going to be open 24 hours a day for 10 days.
- PLAN: Your activity for the day and travel time. Book hunting takes about 2-5 hours!
- AVOID: Tossing your unwanted books everywhere (put them back where you found them)! Be a considerate shopper, don’t just chuck them in random places.
The Big Bad Wolf Book Fair starts at 9 a.m. on February 22 to 11:59 p.m. on March 4. Admission is still FREE and doors will still be open 24 HOURS A DAY, 254 HOURS NON-STOP! For updates, visit their official Facebook Page.