He has heard our cries loud and clear! The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale is coming to Manila to delight thousands of Filipino bookworms and bibliophiles.
In this day and age, smartphones and tablets are considered as the nannies of this generation. But there will always be people who would still choose to read books, and even collect them. The news about The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale coming to the Philippines has thrilled a lot of Filipino binge readers.
After captivating avid readers in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Sri Lanka, the world’s biggest book fair is set to take place at the World Trade Center, Pasay City. This will be the first time that Filipino book lovers will get to experience sale that is open 24 hours a day. The Big Bad Wolf Book Fair starts at 9 a.m. on February 16 to 11:59 p.m. on February 25. Over 2 million fiction, non-fiction, and children’s books are up for grabs during the non-stop, 10-day book sale event. The stocks constantly replenished with all books sold at a discount of 60 to 80 percent. Admission is absolutely FREE!
Reading a good book is like going to a great adventure. Here is a guide to help you survive the craziest book sale in town:
- BRING: Aside from tons of enthusiasm and a big appetite for books, don’t forget to bring shopping bags and check-list of books! The organizers do not provide shopping baskets while you browse for books. It is a MUST to bring your own to haul those books around. A bag with wheels, like a suitcase or a trolley, works best. Your arms will thank you.
- WEAR: The hall is a huge venue, but packed with frenzy book lovers pumped up just for this event. Wear light, comfortable clothing and shoes.
- COME: At non-peak hour to maximize shopping comfort. Avoid the crowd by coming during off-peak hours. (Tip: Early in the morning and late at night). After all, it is going to be open 24 hours a day for 10 days.
- PLAN: Your activity for the day and travel time. Book hunting takes about 2-5 hours!
- AVOID: Tossing your unwanted books everywhere (put them back where you found them)! Be a considerate shopper, don’t just chuck them in random places.
The Big Bad Wolf is every reader’s best friend. His mission in life is to bring YOU the very BEST books at the LOWEST prices. The first sale was held in 2009 at Dataran Hamodal, Selangor, Malaysia. Since then, it has grown by leaps and bounds, with howling successes in Indonesia, Thailand and Sri Lanka. The books were majorly taken from the stocks of BookXcess. It is a book store dealing in excess or remaindered books from international distributors. The Sale was the brainchild of BookXcess founders Andrew Yap and Jacqueline Ng.
Visit the official Facebook Page for more update and information.