Throw the ultimate taco party and learn how to make a taco casserole with this quick Mexican dinner recipe.
- 1/2 kilo of ground pork or beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning or one packet taco seasoning (scroll down for ingredients of home-made taco seasoning)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy or thick cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese ( I used a combo of cheddar and mozzarella from Chizboy)
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 4 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2.5 teaspoons Paprika Powder
- 3 tablespoons Cumin Powder
- 2 tablespoons Pink Himalayan salt (fine salt will do)
Combine all ingredients and seal in any container.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and baking pan (I used my Turbo Broiler).
- Sauté pork/beef in a large pan over medium heat until no longer pink. It usually takes about 7 minutes to brown the meat and break up clumps.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir until combined. Reduce heat to medium low and cook a few minutes longer until sauce is thickened.
- Spread beef in prepared pie pan.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over beef.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake 30 minutes, or until center is set and cheese is browned.
- Remove and let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top with sour cream and chopped tomatoes (optional).
SOURCE: All Day I Dream About Food.